Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNo Day 7: Where Are You Now?

So, NaNoWriMo authors, we've been at this for seven days. Exactly one week. Where are you supposed to be? I think the word count is somewhere in the 11k range-- just checked, it's supposed to be 11,666-- but not me. Oh, no, of course not. I have persistent muses and too much time on my hands. So, you ask, where am I right now? What is my word count on the seventh day of November, when most are just hitting the 10k mark?

I just passed 58,000 words. You know why? Because my muses are slave drivers, that's why. Today, I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from writing-- if they let me, that is-- and spend some time doing other things.

I will say that this writing has been causing slight problems. I've been ignoring people I love and care about in favor of writing, and that's part of the reason I've been going slower than normal these past few days. My partner's doing this too, but she has school and homework, so her word count isn't as high as mine. I'm sure her writing is better than mine, though. She's such a talented author, and I hope one day people will be able to read her work as they can read mine: published.

I digress. Today is a day of rest, especially considering I've already written about 2k words today. I'm going to try and step away from the little-- okay, big-- world I've created and live in the real world for a while.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your musings, Joey...maybe because it sounds lik my brain crawled inside yours somehow when we weren't looking. (I wrote a story about that once, called "The Accidental Avatar." Never finishd it, but maybe soon. Next nano, maybe).

    My muse, too, is a scourge, a nag, a very harpy who will not let loose of my mind or my guts either. Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That concept is awesome, and I think you should finish it. I know I'd read it.

    Oh man, once this muse decides he wants his story written, there's no letting go. It's a family trait! I think a trade would just give us more of what we already have.

    ReplyDelete