Thursday, August 11, 2011

Author Profile

Hello there! My name's Joey James Hook. I'm a twenty-five-year old man who lives in Canoga Park, California. Among my favorite things to do are reading, writing, watching TV, eating ice cream, and listening to loud music. I attended three and a half years of schooling at Western Nevada College.

My passions aside from writing are eating, music - particularly going to shows and rocking out - and going to the beach. My biggest inspirations are the bands Dear Silence, Burn Halo, Eighteen Visions, Atreyu, Bleeding Through, Papa Roach, Asking Alexandria, A Skylit Drive and, more than any other, Avenged Sevenfold. My first novel has dedicated to the loving memory of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan (RIP, February 10th, 1981 to December 28, 2009).

I am a freelance writer. I have two novels contracted to ebook publishers, Phoenix to Extasy Books, and One Two Three, Shatter to Silver Publishing. I also do write advertisements for two companies called The Content Authority and Interact Media. They both give their employees a broad subject such as men’s watches with specifications to what they want in the article, and ask the writers employed to write engaging, well-researched 300+ word summaries for the product being sold. I have been writing since I was about nine years old, starting with poetry and moving onto fiction.

To get in contact, drop me an email at joey.jade.fox@gmail.com

Words of praise for Joey James Hook:

"I'll always remember you fondly as one of my favourite writers. I hope you're still writing and more than that, I hope you're published by now because you deserve to be.” - Scarlet Blackwell

“I respect you so much. You really write fantastic, entertaining stories that suck me in and don't let go until the very end of the last chapter.” -a fellow writer

No comments:

Post a Comment